1. General Information on the Collection of Personal Data
a) It is of great importance for us to protect your privacy when you use our websites, and our use of your personal data is consequently in strict compliance with the provisions of data protection law. Personal data in this context means all the data which can refer to you personally, e.g. name, address, email address, user patterns. The information below is designed to tell you how we handle your personal data.
b) The controller within the meaning of article 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center GmbH
65428 Rüsselsheim am Main
Telephone: +49 (0)6142-7899-0
Managing director with power of representation: Dr. Jae Woon Lee
Our data protection officer can be contacted at
DataProtection-HMETC@hyundai-europe.com or at our postal address above plus the designation „der Datenschutzbeauftragte“.
c) If you are not yet 16 years old, please obtain the permission of a parent/guardian before you let us have your personal data.
2. Collection of Personal Data on a Visit to Our Website
a) You can in principle visit our website without telling us who you are. As is usual with nearly all websites, the server on which our website is located (referred to below as the „webserver“) automatically collects information from you when you visit us on the internet. These data are technically necessary for us, and they guarantee the stability and safety of the website.
We regularly analyze these server logs on an anonymous basis for statistical purposes (click stream analyses), so that we can determine what use is made of our website. The findings enable us to optimize our internet presence. Furthermore, we can use this information, in collaboration with your internet provider and/or local public authorities, in the event of system abuse in order to ascertain who or what caused the abuse.
b) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which, having been assigned to the browser you use, are stored on your hard disk and by means of which certain information is forwarded to the entity which sets the cookie (us in this case). Cookies cannot implement programs or transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the internet offering as a whole more effective and user-friendly.
aa) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and mode of operation are explained below:
• Transient cookies (see bb)
• Persistent cookies (see cc).
bb) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. One particular type is the session cookie. These cookies store a so-called session ID, with which various requests on your browser can be assigned to a specific session, in the sense of a series of related message exchanges. This enables your computer to be identified when you return to the website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
cc) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a stipulated period, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies at any time with the security settings of your browser.
dd) You can configure your browser settings in whatever way you please and for example decide not to accept third-party cookies or any cookies at all. Please note that in this case you may possibly not be able to use all the functions of this website.
c) Third-party cookies on our websites
We permit third parties to place cookies on your computer via these websites.
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. („Google“). Google Analytics utilises so-called „cookies“, text files which are stored on the user’s computer and make it possible for your use of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookie on the use of this website by the user is as a rule transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If the IP anonymizing function on this website is activated, however, the user’s IP address is abbreviated by Google inside the member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the complete IP address first sent to a Google server in the USA and then abbreviated there. Under commission from the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to analyse the use of the website by the user, compile reports on the website activities and perform, for the website operator, other services related to the use of the website and the use of the internet.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with the Google Analytics service is not combined with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent the storage of the cookies by means of the relevant setting on your browser software. We must however inform you that in this case you will possibly not be able to make full use of all the functions of the website. You can moreover prevent the transfer to Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to their use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of said data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the add-on „_anonymizelp()“. This means that IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form, so as to eliminate any direct tracking to a specific person. If data collected about you refers to a specific person, it is therefore eliminated immediately and the personal data thus forthwith deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to be able to analyze the use of our website and regularly improve it. The statistics we compile enable us to improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. With regard to the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield at https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is article 6 (1) 1st sentence letter f GDPR.
(6) Information on the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
d) Use of social media plug-ins
(1) Currently we use the following social media plug-ins: Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Xing. When you visit our website, in principle no personal data are initially forwarded to the plug-in provider. The plug-in provider is identifiable through the marking on the box via its initial letters or the logo. We make it possible for you to communicate directly with the plug-in provider by using the button. Only when you have clicked on the button and thus activated it will the plug-in provider receive the information that you have accessed the particular website of our online offering. The data specified in section 2 of this statement will also be transferred. In the case of Xing, according to the relevant provider in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. The activation of the plug-in therefore means that personal data from you are transferred to the relevant plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US American providers in the USA). As the plug-in providers collect the data primarily via cookies, we recommend that, before you click on the button, you delete all cookies via the security settings of your browser.
(2) We neither have any influence on the collected data and the data processing procedures, nor is the full scope of the data collection, the purpose of the processing or the storage periods known to us. Nor do we have any information on the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles, which it uses for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Analysis of this kind is done in particular (also in the case of users who are not logged in) for the presentation of needs-directed advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, though to exercise that right you have to contact the plug-in provider concerned. The plug-ins enable us to offer you the possibility of interacting with the social networks and other users, which means that we can improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is article 6 (1) 1st sentence letter f GDPR.
(4) The data are transferred regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in on such account. If you are logged in at the plug-in provider, the data collected on our website are assigned directly to your account with the plug-in provider. If you activate the button and e.g. link to the website, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and openly communicates it to your contacts. We recommend that you regularly log out after use of a social network, since this prevents you from being assigned to your profile at the plug-in provider.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of the collection of data and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the provider’s data protection statement. There you will also find further information on the rights and setting you have for the protection of your privacy.
e) Integration of YouTube videos
(1) The YouTube videos which we have integrated in our online offering are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played direct from our website. They are all integrated in „extended data protection mode“, which means that no data about you as a user are transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos are the data specified in paragraph (2), below, transferred. We have no influence over this data transfer.
(2) Your visit to the website gives YouTube the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. The data specified in Section 2 of this statement are also transferred. This happens irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account by way of which you are logged in or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in at Google, your data are assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to have the assignment of your profile at YouTube, you have to log out before you activate the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or the needs-orientated design of its website. Analysis of this kind is done in particular (also in the case of users who are not logged in) for the presentation of needs-directed advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, though to exercise that right you have to contact YouTube.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of the collection of data and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in YouTube’s data protection statement. There you will also find further information on the rights and settings you have for the protection of your privacy.
f) Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use the offer of Google Maps on this website. This enables us to show you interactive maps direct on the website and enables you to make convenient use of the map function.
(2) Your visit to the website gives Google the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. The data specified in Section 2 of this statement are also transferred. This happens irrespective of whether Google provides a user account by way of which you are logged in or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in at Google, your data are assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to have the assignment of your profile at Google, you have to log out before you activate the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or the needs-orientated design of its website. Analysis of this kind is done in particular (also in the case of users who are not logged in) for the presentation of needs-directed advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, though to exercise that right you have to contact the plug-in user concerned.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of the collection of data and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in Google’s data protection statement. There you will also find further information on the rights and setting facilities you have for the protection of your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
g) Establishing contact
When you make contact with us by email or by using a contact form, the data you provide (your email address, where applicable your name and telephone number) are stored by us so that we can answer your questions. We delete the data created in this connection after storage is no longer necessary, or we restrict its processing in the case of statutory periods of data retention.
3. Legal Basis of Processing
We process your personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest in:
• The stability and security of the website,
• Detection of any abuse of the system, and
• Provision of information for visitors to the website.
It is not necessary for you to provide your personal data in order to conclude a contract. In other words, you are not obliged to let us have your personal data.
No automatic decision-making process is carried out which is based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling, and which comes to have a legal effect or is in similar manner to your detriment.
4. Your Rights
According to the provisions of the GDPR, you can assert the following rights against us:
• Right to information
• Right to correction
• Right to restriction of processing
• Right to deletion / Right to be forgotten
• Right to portability of data
• Right to object
If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right at any time to revoke your consent for the future. This will not compromise the lawfulness of the processing carried out until the time of revocation on the basis of consent.
You can contact us at any time if you wish to assert any of the rights listed above (for contact details see 1b).
Should you believe that we have processed your personal data in an unlawful manner, please contact us using the contact details in section 1b). You also have the right to approach the data protection supervisory authority. In which case, contact the Hesse Data Protection Commissioner at:
Der Hessische Datenschutzbeauftragte
5. Storage Periods
• Log files and statistical reports: 3 months
• Databases: 3 months
• Email postboxes: 3 months
• Java applications: 3 months
• Mailing lists: 3 months
• Domain backup files: 3 months
6. Place of Data Processing
We process your data exclusively in Germany.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
There is no disclosure of your personal data to third parties.
8. Security Measures
If we forward data to our service providers in the context of the services defined here, the service providers will be bound not only to the mandatory provisions of relevant law but also to contractual obligations to us on the subject of data protection.
The security measures which we implement are continuously optimized in line with technical and legislative developments, so as to give your personal data the best possible protection against accidental or intentional tampering, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized third parties.
9. Links to Other Websites
Our online offering contains links to other websites. This data protection statement does not apply to other providers.
10. Making Contact
If you have any questions or comments on this privacy and cookie statement, please get in touch with us via contact details provided in this statement at section 1b).
The rapid development of the internet makes it necessary to adjust our data protection rules from time to time. We will keep you posted here on any and all new developments.